Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What is the best way to book vacation from US to Canada (Montreal or Toronto)?

Hi Guys,

I am thinking about taking a trip to Canada (Montreal or Toronto - not sure yet but probably Montreal). I am planing to spend about 5 days (4 nights) there. What is the best way (the cheapest) to book for plane tickets, hotel, and maybe a rental car.

I have looked thru different booking sites (expedia, travelocity, orbitz, priceline and travel.yahoo.com). They are about the same price. I just wonder if there are better ways than those sites that I don't know about.

Also, I am new to traveling. There are some questions that you guys might be able to help me with.

1.) Should I try to avoid low rate hotels (For example: 1 or 2 star hotels)? How many stars of hotels do most people choose?

2.) In Montreal and Toronto, are there any areas that I should try to avoid?

3.) In Montreal and Toronto, if I choose a hotel close to the Airport. Can I travel to donwtown area without having a car?

Any info about the above questions is greatly appreciated

Thank guys


if you're flying from the US, try http://www.site59.com. They have package deals with flight, hotel and/or car-rental. There are coupons floating around to for $25 off. If your package is over $700, you can use the code SITE59ESCAPE100 to get $59 off.

I've been to both cities many times (prefer Montreal - by far). Toronto is like a big american city. Both cities are relatively safe if you stay central.

As was mentioned, don't stay at an airport hotel in either city--they are way out in the middle of nowhere, and who needs the hassle of commuting. I know Toronto better than Montreal, since I live there, so check out the Toronto websites (if Toronto is your choice) and see if you can get a downtown hotel at a decent price. Book early, they fill up fast. Or better yet, rent a car and see both cities. Toronto to Montreal is about a 5 hour drive.

In Toronto, avoid the Jane-Finch corridor (Regent Park)-a rather dangerous area.

Happy travels.

The airports near both are nowhere near the downtown area. You really do not need a car in either place. The transit system is very good. If you fly, you will need a passport. I have been to both, but I am in Montreal more often. I have never been afraid of being out late at night in either place. I do not trust others rating hotels. What I may rate as a 2 star, you may rate as a 4.

Book your own. It is easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment