Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Travel websites really cheaper for hotels?

Whenever I go to a site like orbitz, travelocity, etc they all seem like good prices but then they tack on like 20 dollars for their service, so why is it really such a good deal? Is it basically a trick or what?


I know what you mean. Not too long ago I went throughthose kind of sites. I lost $ because my daughter couldnt go & they wouldnt let me cancel ect.

Ive found the true savings are with resorts. Im a member & I get discounts for my family & friends all the time .

We will never go back to traveling in lowgrade hotels again.

WE even get discount s for the Best hotels nationally recognized . My family loves it.

e-mail me & Ill fill you in.

This is happening more and more, where these websites are adding on a 'service fee' that you mentioned and this is why they are no loosing business to the hotel companies who take the reservation direct and without adding a fee. Companies like Orbitz and Travelocity have to add these fees as they make nothing on booking so they need to make money some how.

If you are looking for some great value accommodation you could try looking at some of the higher cost hostels around the world, who offer queen size beds etc and en-suite facilities.

You could also look at Priceline's Name Your Own Price, where you put the price you want to pay for a room and then someone accepts it, you can get some real bargains here.

No comments:

Post a Comment