Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Orbit's or Travel Agent?

Hi, I am 19 and I don't have a credit card yet and I want t book a flight to New York. Should I try and get a credit card or can I go to a Travel Agent, I heard that Orbitz is cheaper than booking with a Travel Agent. so what should I do.

Thank you


I like making my own plans and doing my own booking, which is why I don't go with travel agents. You should try kayak.com, which searches multiple sites for you and gives you their rates in any order you specify (by price, by distance, etc.). You can also try tripadvisor.com, which allows you to read reviews by fellow travelers on hotels, flights, and attractions, lets you look at their photos, and will even let you do the multil search thing.

You'll find a bit of a discount by using a travel site. Be sure that your credit card doesn't have an annual fee, or you'll be pretty much breaking even by getting a card specifically for travel.

For a flight to NY, the difference would be minimal for using an agent; if you're new to booking travel, I suggest you use an agent for your first time.

Orbit's, travel agents make commision!

No comments:

Post a Comment