Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Recommended Travel agency for travel to London?

What travel agency do you recommend for trips to London? Not interested in tours, just airfare/hotels, good prices. Travelocity and Orbitz are ok but I'd rather go with a less sketchy agency. My travel is for 3-15-2009 to about 3-21.

Thanks


I once booked airfare at my local AAA travel agent's office to London from the States. I don't think they saved me much on airfare though.

You should check the airline's website before booking through a discount site or a travel agency, as sometimes it is actually cheaper to book directly with the airline. Same thing with the hotel rooms. Check the hotel's own website before booking. I've found more than once it was cheaper to deal directly with the company than with a middle-man, and if problems arise, they are more likely to view you favorably because you booked directly with them, than if you booked through a third party.

I've left some links below that you can check to compare different airlines and different sites to get the best deal before you agree to anything. :)

Quite right to be wary of travelocity, they really are the pits. However, I often check their website to see which are the best fares then go direct to the airline's site. I then use http://www.octopustravel.co.uk for hotels but as I know London very well, I use The Tavistock hotel ( http://www.imperialhotels.co.uk/default.aspx )in Bloomsbury which is walking distance of Soho, Covent Garden and even Oxford Street. If you stay there at weekends, you can book a Let's Go Weekend comprising 2 or 3 nights bed, breakfast and lunch or evening meal. It's more expensive during the week but that would give you the opportunity to go elsewhere. It's easy enough to get from either London airport to central London and Tavistock can be reached from Russell Square on the Piccadilly (dark blue) tube line.

No comments:

Post a Comment